Do you want to put your short film in front of 10,000s short film lovers as well as some industry insiders and Oscar-winning filmmakers? The new competition is open and its winner is guaranteed at least 25,000 views. Final deadline is 15th January.
What Previous Winners Say
"I just want to say, FILMSshort is a huge prize. More hits in the last ten days than in the previous ten months. Thanks!" Competition winner, Jeremiah Quinn
"Just wanted to say thanks. Judge Po Chan's The Last 3 Minutes was actually one of the reasons I became a filmmaker." Competition winner, Chris Keller
1. Submit a 1-25 minute short film (fiction, documentary and/or animation).
2. We select 10 finalists. Each finalist appers on the FILMSshort homepage and is promoted for $50*. The last ten finalists have averaged 10,000 views each.
3. The judges, including many industry insiders, will choose winners in each category. The Grand Prize Winner wins an extra $200 promotion, ensuring 25,000 views. It may be fiction, doc and/or animation (all have previously won), and from any country.
** Grand Prize Winner **
** Best Short Animation **
** Best Short Short **
** Best Cinematography **
** Best Sound Design **
** ChillX Best Indian Short **
** Best BAME Short **
4. Winners appear on the homepage. The film with the most social media hits within one week of posting will also appear on the homepage and win the:
** People's Choice Award **
5. The winners will be announced on social media and stay on the website as long as the filmmakers permit. Winners will also be invited to help judge the next competition.
* Filmmakers who give permission to upload to YouTube receive more promotion.
** Filmmakers receive a contract and earn 75% of any profits on films.
Q. Why is there a submission fee?
A. Various reasons. It's mainly to cover promotional costs. No-one takes a wage or payment and any profits go to charity (Guide Dogs for the Blind).
Q. How much is spent on promoting my film?
Each finalist is promoted for $50. A good thumbnail is vital for converting these into views. The winner is guarenteed 25,000 views.
Q. Will you show preference to English language films?
A. No. Previous winners have come from all over the world!
Q. Who are the judges?
More details on the judges can be found on this page but here is the list:
Sam Karmann, Oscar, BAFTA and Palm d'Or winning director on Omnibus.
Robert Brinkmann, Hollywood DoP and director on Cindy's New Boyfriend.
Glenn Freemantle, Oscar and BAFTA winning sound designer.
Gillies MacKinnon, BAFTA-nominated film & TV director.
Femi Oyeniran & Victor Adebodun, independent producers at Purple Geko.
Tolula Dada, Drama Development Editor at Wall to Wall Media.
Ben Blaine & Chris Blaine, filmmakers known for shorts & features.
Johan Verschueren, Oscar-nominated writer on Gridlock.
Detsky Graffam, award-winning filmmaker of 90 Degrees North.
Latest Grand Prize winner James Stewart with Foxed!.
Latest People's Choice winner Brian Beery with Speed Dating.